Outdoor Learning: A Pathway to Transformational Learning or Another Education Gimmick?
This presentation will focus on the rapidly growing concept of Outdoor Learning (OL). This session will introduce Outdoor Learning before investigating how Outdoor Learning operates within education. Example topics that will be covered within the session include the following:
• Defining Outdoor Learning
• Theories of taking students into the outdoors
• How to structure Outdoor Learning programs across various schooling levels
• The benefits of Outdoor Learning programs
• Analysis of existing programs
• Providing example structures for Outdoor Learning across the curriculum
This presentation will also cover information on tips and tricks gained from assisting thousands of educators in implementing Outdoor Learning programs within various levels of education. All attendees will also be provided with a copy of more than 200 example activities that can be implemented across various educational levels.
Author: Luke Parker
Published in: Canada International Conference on Education, 2022
- Date of Conference: 21-23 June, 2022
- DOI: 10.20533/CICE.2022.0009
- Electronic ISBN: 978-1-913572-49-5
- Conference Location: Virtual (Mississauga, Canada)