Challenges and Trends of Higher Education Towards the Future: Capability, Accountability, and Probability for 21st Century Learners
In this workshop, we will discuss the changing demographics, the paradigm shifts in pedagogy and curricula, advances in academic technology, globalization, generational diversity, longevity of greying faculty in the academe, capability, accountability, and probability for higher education in the future decade. Additionally, we will list the future predictions in higher education in the immediate decade ahead in order to enhance the future of teaching and learning for students and faculty at various universities across the United States of America.
Participants will be able to:
1. List the challenges and trends in higher education.
2. Explain the changing demographics affecting higher education.
3. Identify the changing needs of students and highlight a systemic plan for college students.
4. Develop new course syllabi for their perspective program that infuses global, cultural dimensions
into existing courses for 21st century learners in order to meet the changing demands.
5. Outline a framework of 21st century skills and competencies for students.
Published in: London International Conference on Education (LICE-2016)
- Date of Conference: 14-17 November 2016
- DOI: 10.2053/LICE.2016.0008
- ISBN: 978-1-908320-76-6
- Conference Location: Heathrow Windsor Marriott Hotel, UK